"You're only 16??? One of the best Sports Blogs on blogger.com, no doubt about it. Great job, you have an extremely bright future."

YOU GOTTA CHECK THIS SITE OUT

Sunday, October 5, 2008

About FS

Well if you click on this link, then you are apparently somewhat interested in what FANdemoniumsports.blogspot.com is all about. Whether it be who we are here at FS or if you just want to know what the point of all this nonsense we write is, I am typing this up to let you know. I will try to cover how all this began, how it has gone, and how it is going. If you want to know anything else, feel free to contact me.

The site started in October of 2008 and has been chugging ever since. When it all began, the site was named "The Jay-Stick", but after wanting a more sports-sounding title I decided to make the switch to the current name, FANdemonium Sports (FS).

As I am sure you already know, the word "fandemonium" came from the word pandemonium which is often used in the sports world; meaning chaos, havoc, hell, uproar, medlam. The word originated in the book Paradise Lost; it was the capital of hell. I changed it to FANdemonium, and it only makes sense. As the blog indicates, the articles are for the FANS, by the FANS.

It all began with blogging on FanNation for a while until I wanted to take my stuff to the next level. I was familiar with Blogger and, therefore, decided I would start this blog. I did not know how long I was going to stick with it or how many people were going to check it out. I wasn't sure if I was going to get 40 views a month, or - our current average - 40 per day. With luck and persistant writing, it is choice B that has been working so far.

At the current moment, we are getting anywhere from 30-80 views per day. When I started this up, I had no idea what to expect. I knew that there would not be a ton of hits at first, but I have been pleasantly surprised thus far.

Other than myself, there are two other writers. Cory Guinn has been writing for FANdemonium Sports since February, and I couldn't have asked more from him. I wanted roughly one article per week and I get one every week, no exceptions. It is good quality material that I love associating with my site.

Lucas Cipkowski is our other writer here at FS. He specializes in the NBA, but can cover whatever needed when it comes down to it. He has been writing for us for about a month. Hopefully he will hang around for as long as possible.

Forget them guys though... In a nutshell, I am just a 16 year old that is crazy about sports. Am I an expert? I don't know... but I would like to think I know a thing or two. For that reason, I decided to throw together a spot to gather my work. Looking at things as a whole, I want FANdemonium Sports to be known as a place where you can find grade-A articles covering the world of sports. So far, I think we have accomplished just that.