The Broncos released a statement on Tuesday saying that they will grant Jay Cutler his request and try to trade him. This decision comes after just over a month of whining and pouting from Cutler after it was rumored that new head coach Josh McDaniels was trying to trade him for Matt Cassell.
The question that many are posing now is: Where will Jay Cutler end up? The following is a list of a few teams who I believe have a legit chance of landing the Pro-Bowl quarterback.
1. New York Jets: The obvious choice here since the Jets lost Brett Favre and are in desperate need of a proven quarterback. The Broncos are looking to improve their defense and the Jets have pieces to get a deal done. Also, the team has the 17th overall pick in the draft that they could dangle in front of Denver to get Culter in green and white.
2. Detroit Lions: The Lions have the most potential to get Cutler from the Broncos because they have the best trade bait of all: the #1 pick in the NFL Draft. They also have the 20th pick in the Draft and both of these would be enough to lure Denver into a trade.
3. Cleveland Browns: I know the Browns have Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson but Jay Cutler is much better than both these guys. The Browns best bet to get Cutler in uniform would be to package defensive tackle Shaun Rogers and Quinn in a deal and hope the Broncos bite.
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Bucs were part of the rumors that made this decision possible. When McDaniels was trying to trade Cutler, he was rumored to be going to Tampa Bay early on but the deal fell through. The only reason a deal would not be done this time is the fact that the Buccaneers do not have anything to trade but the 19th pick in the Draft which may not be enough.
5. Chicago Bears: Everyone knows that Chicago needs a quarterback and this could be their chance to get one. The Bears have a few draft picks and some interesting players that they could package in a deal for Cutler.