"You're only 16??? One of the best Sports Blogs on blogger.com, no doubt about it. Great job, you have an extremely bright future."

YOU GOTTA CHECK THIS SITE OUT

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

New Anti-Cubs T-Shirt is Out: "Zambrano Mows My Lawn"


Wow.
That's pretty much all there is to say. Wow.
On the day that Carlos Zambrano goes on the DL, and on Cinco De Mayo, this shirt is available to buy. I do not know the specifics, but I hear that the guy who first wore it actually bought it from a street vender, wore it to multiple games, and several fans asked where he got it. Now, to my understanding, you can buy them online. I am sure the guy is making a killing, but that is incredibly racist.
Now, to be honest, I did laugh over it. I won't lie to you about it. Being a die hard Cardinals fan, I laughed at the jab towards Chicago and Zambrano. I DID NOT laugh because I am racist.
With that in mind, I am going to be the first to say I am relatively embarrassed that a fellow Cards fan wore, and sold, this shirt. I hate the Cubs, and Zambrano, but that just crosses the line as far as the Cubs Suck shirts go.
As embarrassingly racist as these t-shirts are, it would be just as ignorant to make the assumption that this type of behavior is typical of the fans of the St. Louis Cardinals. From reading the message boards that talk about this particular shirt, everybody thinks it is wrong. I live Missouri, about 40 miles from Busch Stadium, and you would be stupid to think we are all like this. While there may be Cardinal fans who would buy this shirt, about 85% of us think it is pretty over-the-top.
Cub fans haven't been entirely innocent in the realm of inappropriate T-shirt sales. You'll recall last year's tasteless "Horry Kow" shirts whose arrival corresponded with that of Kosuke Fukudome. Yeah, so I don't want to hear ANYTHING from Flub fans about it.
*comment section below this article, post a review at the bottom of the home page, follow on right sidebar under the article archive, and subscribe by sending me (StLDieHard24@gmail.com) your email*
Justin Hulsey
FANdemoniumSports.blogspot.com

No comments: